Potential Presentation Topics
Farm Economic Outlook
The farm economy certainly has its ups and downs. This session focuses on the current state of the farm economy, key farm financial indicators, and what to consider in the coming months. Furthermore, we describe the most important short- and long-term trends in agriculture and the implications for those involved in the agricultural industry. As part of this presentation, insights from the AEI proprietary budget estimates will be presented.
Key Audience Outcomes:
- Understand the current state of U.S. farm financial conditions.
- Understand the supply and demand factors shaping agricultural commodity markets
- Strategies for managing in the current economy environment and the key indicators to watch in 2018 and beyond.
Potential Audiences: Farmers, Ag Sales Teams, Ag Lenders, Agribusiness Executives/Boards of Directors.
Key Trends in Agriculture: Cutting Through the Noise and Preparing for the Future
Because change in agriculture can often seem slow and insignificant, it is important to step back on occasion and consider the big-picture changes. Even subtle, small changes – when consistent and acting over a long enough period – can produce profound impacts on businesses, business relationships, industries, and entire economies. From aging farmers to automation and technology, this session will encourage the audience to think outside of the box about the future, their businesses, and their customers.
Key Audience Outcomes:
- Understand the demographic, technological, and market trends that are shaping the future of agriculture
- Understand the implications of these trends on their business and marketplace
- Strategies for navigating a future of unknowns.
Potential Audiences: Farmers, Young Farmers, Ag Sales Teams, Ag Lenders, Agribusiness Executives/Boards of Directors.
- Managing for Success – With the turbulence in the farm economy it is more important than ever to implement sound management strategies and practices. This session will provide farm managers with a number of ideas and management practices that they can take home and use in their operations.
- A Repeat of the 1980s?!?! – Brent and David spent considerable time reviewing the farm and macro economic conditions of the 1970’s and 1980’s to understand the key factors in that era’s boom and subsequent Farm Financial Crisis. This session focuses on those key facts and how today’s environment is similar and mostly different.
- Farmland Values and Cash Rents- The boom, the reset, and where to from here: the drivers in farmland markets and to keep an eye on. (and no, we don’t think there is a bubble…as of right now)
- Crop Budget Trends- What does 2018 look like? What costs have improved? What has resisted? What can you expect in the next year?